Photo by DisneyLifestylers
I started watching S.H.I.E.L.D. out of boredom on Netflix. There, I watched the first season and then was able to jump into the second season when it aired. I haven’t read any comics pertaining to this, so my reviews are pretty uneducated, but oh well. 🙂
S.H.I.E.L.D. is back! Just for kicks and giggles let’s recap the season two finale in about five bullet points:
- Jiaying trying to create war between the in-humans and the humans (that fails, obv.)
- Coulson’s arm gets chopped off because he catches a terrign crystal that starts turning him to stone
- Jiaying tries to kill her own daughter, Skye/Daisy, by sucking the life out of her, but Skye overpowers her and Cal kills Jiaying
- The Terrigen crystals get knocked overboard–releasing into the watery depths below (…to be continued…)
- THE KREE STONE SWALLOWS UP SIMMONS…
Photo by Disney ABC Television Group
Initial Thoughts about Episode One, Season Three:
- I don’t know if I will ever get used to calling Skye…Daisy. It is such a non-serious name…
- The dissecting scene of the in-humans that someone captured was really creepy
- Bobby’s hair is a downgrade…. it seems like they told her to thin it out and not style it at all (not that it really matters, but it was weird)
- I had completely forgot what happened to Coulson’s hand, so it was super confusing when he took it off
- I always enjoy Coulson’s grumpy cat mug
- Who is the Weird Quill Guy?!? Reyna’s Quillfather? Does he also see into the future? Why is he looking for Skye/Daisy
- Side Note: The fight scene between Weird Quill Guy and Daisy looks like they took it right out of a Power Rangers episode
- Where is Ward?
- May is gone 😦 I hope for not too long.
- WAIT…Simmons on another planet!!!!!!!
Photo by starbright31
Overall the episode was pretty enjoyable, thought I like watching it without commercials on Netflix more, the commercials seem to break it up too much so that I tend to not get into each episode as much. I have been pretty invested in the Fitz and Simmons plot line, so I am really glad that she is alive and on another planet! What! The other overpowering thing in the episode for me what the fight scene with the Quill Man. It reminded me of oh so many scenes in Once Upon a Time, where the production just didn’t really get it to a believable level. It really did look like something right out of a Power Rangers episode. Though, don’t get me wrong, I do love Power Rangers.
Now a whole week has to go by before we get to see what will happen next!